Here you can find information what are the rules of festivals' competitions and what are the prizes.
Speed Ice Carving
- The Organizer of the International Ice Sculpture Festival is the City of Poznan.
- The competition is open only to those who pre-registered and were admitted to participate in the event.
- Speed Carving Competition will be held on 13 December from 10:00 to 17:30.
- The subject of competition works will be imposed by the Organizer.
Speed Carving Rules:
- Competition participants will create sculptures at the main stage in the Old Market Square.
- The contestants will compete on stage from 10:00 to 17:30.
- Sculpture projects will be prepared by the competition organiser.
- Each participant can see the projects on the competition day, before the competition starts.
- In order to create a sculpture, a contestant will receive a block of ice with the dimensions of 1 m x 0.5 m x 0.25 m, an electric saw and a saw with carving guide rail.
- It is permissible to use one chisel to put the finishing touches.
- The contestants will draw the project before entering the stage.
- The participants will finish their work in regular time in a 25-minute round.
- In the final round, the contestants will have 35 minutes to create sculptures.
- There will be only one winner selected from each three- and two-person group.
- After all the stages are summarized, the winner of the 9th Ice Sculpture Festival in Poznan will be selected.
- Each group winner and the winner of the competition will be selected by the jury.
The Main Competition
The main competition will be held on 14 December from 8:00 to 17:00, as announced by the organizer.
The main competition will involve two-person teams.
The subject of works in the competition held on 14 December is free.
The sculptures will be evaluated by the competition jury.
- first Impression - 20 points
- use of ice and technical abilities - 30 points
- design and composition (proportions and symmetry, design and composition, attention to detail) - 40 points
- creativity & originality of the design - 10 points
- TOTAL 100 points
Additional comments and reservations:
- max. sculpture height - 3 m
- use of numerical machines, milling machines, lathes, mechanical cutters for tiles is prohibited
- use of previously prepared materials is prohibited
- advertising of companies not being the sponsors of the festival is prohibited (it is prohibited to set up advertising banners, distribute advertising materials, leaflets, etc.)
- All elements of a sculpture have to be made of ice, no other decorations, such as ribbons, fabrics, etc. can be used.
- It is not allowed to put inscriptions on sculptures.
The competition winners will receive the following prizes:
- place - 1,500 euro
- place - 1,000 euro
- place - 500 euro