Parking in Poznań
In Poznań city center and a part of Jeżyce district a Red paid parking zone (Śródmiejska Strefa Płatnego Parkowania) is in effect.
The other paid parking zones marked blue are:
- Jeżyce - the district Jeżyce in the neighborhood of Poznań International Fair;
- Wilda - between Towarowa and Królowej Jadwigi streets to Hetmańska street;
- Łazarz - between Bukowska, Reymonta, Hetmańska and Kolejowa streets;
- Zagórze, Ostrów Tumski and Śródka (from 2.11.2021) - covering the area between the railway tracks from the north, from the east ul. Podwale, from the south ul. Wyszyński to the Mieszko I Bridge, then along the Cybina River and the canal of the Cybina River to the south and the Warta River from the west.
The limits of its validity are marked by road signs.
Red Paid parking zone is in effect from Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm and Saturday between 8am and 6pm. The Blue Parking Zone is in effect from Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm. The condition of leaving a vehicle in the zone is paying the fee, whose amount differs depending on the vicinity from the center. The fee can be paid in parking meters or via mobile phone using the MoBilet app. The parking ticket purchased in a parking meter must be placed behind the windscreen of the vehicle.
A vehicle can also be left on paid parking areas, including buffer zones, located mostly on the rim of the paid parking zone. The price of leaving a vehicle in a buffer zone is 3PLN/hour.
The "Park & Ride" car parks and Park&Go carparks located in the city centre are also available to motorists in Poznań. The main idea is to encourage drivers to leave their car on the outskirts of the city and continue their journey by public transport, as well as to allow safe and legal parking outside the city center.
The City of Poznań has alloted special spaces for the purposes of parking tourist buses and coaches.
Paid parking within the Red parking zone up to 15 minutes (more than 15 minutes: between 8am and 8pm, from Monday till Friday and between 8am and 6pm on Saturday paid according to Red parking zone prices; ):
- ul. Estkowskiego (on north and south side, between ul. Szyperska and Chwaliszewo) - 6 places
- ul. Stawna, between ul. Żydowska and ul.Szewska - 3 places,
- ul. Ks. Józefa (between. Al. Niepodległości and ul. Św. Wojciecha) - 4 places
- Al. Marcinkowskiego (between pl. Wolności and ul. 23 Lutego, on east and west part - 9 places
- ul. Dworcowa (west side near Św. Marcin street) - 4 places
- al. Niepodległości (opposite Provincial offive (Urzad Wojewódzki) - 2 places
Paid parking within the Blue parking zone up to 15 minutes (more than 15 minutes: between 8am and 6pm, from Monday till Friday paid according to Blue parking zone prices; from 6pm till 8am free parking):
- ul. Śniadeckich near International Fair Ground - 3 places
- ul. Panny Marii - 11 places
Free parking :
- ul. Termalna - 28 places for visitors of the Malta Thermal Baths
Other paid parkings:
- ul. Bydgoska, between ul. Gdańska and ul. Podwale - 10 places for visitors of Porta Posnania (cost 3,5 zł per hour, 4 zł for second and third hour, 4,5 zł for forth and 3,5 zł for next hours)
Stops (free up to 15 minutes):
- ul. Bułgarska, on west part of the road, between ul. Ptasia and ul. Rumuńska - 3 places,
- pl. Adama Mickiewicza
Bus drivers can also leave the bus in one of the paid parkings in the center of Poznań (ul. Przemysłowa 2, ul. Piekary 1, Al. Marcinkowskiego 25 - next to Raczyński Library, ul. Kraszewskiego 28) - www.parkingpoznanglowny.pl.